Bill C-14: The Fall Economic Statement | Jan 25, 2021
Today, the House of Commons will debate Bill C-14.
This legislation will enact parts of the Fall Economic Statement.
- Implements the spending authorities outlined in the Fall Economic Statement.
- Amends the Income Tax Act to bring in the Canada Child Benefit top up.
- Fixes the gap in the second version of the Liberals’ rent relief legislation.
- Amends the Canada Student Loans and Canada Student Financial Assistance Act to stop charging interest on Canada Student Loans and Canada Apprentice Loans in 2021.
- Amends the Food and Drugs Act to address therapeutic product shortages.
- Amends the Borrowing Authority Act and the Financial Administration Act to increase the borrowing limit of the federal government.