Available Programs: the CRB and the CRSB | Feb 7, 2021
Conservatives worked with the government to create support programs that help Canadians who have lost their jobs or saw their hours cut. We have worked to expand the programs to ensure that everyone is covered. If you need financial assistance, have lost a job, are unable to work or are taking care of family members due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are programs to help you.
Here are a couple of them:
Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- The CRB provides $500 per week for up to 26 weeks for workers who have stopped working or had their income reduced by at least 50% due to COVID-19, and who are not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI).
Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- The CRSB provides $500 per week for up to a maximum of two weeks, for workers who:
- Are unable to work for at least 50% of the week because they contracted COVID-19;
- Are self-isolated for reasons related to COVID-19;
- Have underlying conditions, are undergoing treatments or have contracted other sicknesses that, in the opinion of a medical practitioner, nurse practitioner, person in authority, government or public health authority, would make them more susceptible to
If anyone in my riding has any questions, please feel free to contact my office at 519-776-4700.