Conservatives Propose Actions to Immediately Address Housing | June 9, 2021
Yesterday, Canada’s Conservatives demanded that Justin Trudeau take immediate action to address the housing crisis in Canada.
The cost of housing continues to rise out of reach of Canadians, making it nearly impossible for first-time homebuyers to enter the market.
Instead of taking action to address the core issue of housing supply in Canada, Justin Trudeau has instead chosen to double down on his failed first-time home buyer program that does nothing to help Canadians get into the housing market.
Conservatives are asking for common sense solutions to address the housing crisis. This includes:
- Examining a temporary freeze on home purchases by non-
resident foreign buyers,
- Replacing the government’s failed First-Time Home Buyer
- Strengthening law enforcement tools to halt money laundering,
- Implementing tax incentives focused on increasing the supply of
purpose-built market rental housing units, and
- Overhauling housing policy to substantively increase supply.
If you are not worried about the cost of purchasing a home, you have three parties to choose from.
If you are, you only have one choice: Canada’s Conservatives.